bbcon 2020 Engage to Earn Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: The bbcon 2020 Engage to Earn Contest (this “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from https://www.bbconference.com/2020Virtual/enagetoearnTCs.
4. How to Enter; Entry Requirements: During the Promotion Period, bbcon attendees may enter by visiting https://www.bbconference.com/2020virtual/register and updating their bbcon registrations to opt in to share their activity and contact information with the sponsors they engage with via the bbcon platform market place. Limit one (1) entry per entrant during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in its sole opinion, does not comply with any of the requirements of these Official Rules.
Limits: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder, as the case may be. Proof of entering information at the Website will not be deemed proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. Winner Notification: Sponsor will communicate with potential winners regarding the Contest via mail, email, or phone, in their discretion. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by or on behalf of Sponsor by email for purposes of this Contest. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, within five (5) business days of the date of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Copyright License (an “Affidavit”) and may be required to provide an IRS Form W-9 (Request for Tax Payer Identification) in order to claim his/her prize. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to notification by email or phone within three (3) business days of the date of first notification, (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules (including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements), or (d) potential winner’s Affidavit and Form W-9 (if required) are returned as undeliverable or are not received when required, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor may select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to verify potential winners’ eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as Sponsor determines. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
6. Prizes: Attendees may earn points for activities they complete, and Sponsor will award an invitation to the top 200 points earners to select a gift of their choice (ARV of each gift $25) by October 31. Points will be awarded according to the following activities:
1 point for first time going to the marketplace homepage
1 point per watch of a Sponsor exhibit page video
2 points for each Sponsor exhibit download
3 points for interacting with a Sponsor exhibit through Chat
4 points for each Sponsor exhibitor visited
4 points for each meeting scheduled with a Sponsor
15 points for “Drop a Business Card” (awarded once per Sponsor exhibit)
100 point(s) for visiting every exhibit for Presenting, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Exhibitor Sponsors
2 points for visiting a Blackbaud exhibit
5 points per main stage attended live
4 points for visiting the Experiences page
3 points for watching a session live
2 points for participating in Chat section within session
1 point for watching sessions on demand
1 point per session survey
1 point for clicking on an ad in the conference site
Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs or expenses in connection with claiming or using prize, which are not specified as part of the prize description in these Official Rules. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the merchantability or fitness or suitability of prize for any purpose, and Sponsor offers no manufacturer’s warranty on prize (or component of prize). No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. Limit: One (1) prize per winner.
7. Liability Release: In consideration of receiving any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any (A) liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever with respect to or in any way arising from the Contest, including breach of entrant representations and warranties in these Official Rules, and/or of prizes, including, without limitation, property damage, liability for personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Contest or any promotion or prize-related activities, and (B) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
8. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state in perpetuity for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration to winner and without winner’s approval of any advertising or marketing materials.
9. General Conditions: In no event shall Sponsor be required to award more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, incomplete or stolen mail, entries or prize notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that, in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in this Contest and, in no event, shall the Release Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for South Carolina or the appropriate South Carolina State Court located in Charleston, South Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina.
13. Winner List: Sponsor may post winner names on its websites and social media pages. To request winner names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before January 11, 2021, to Blackbaud, Inc. 65 Fairchild Street, Charleston, SC 29492, Attn: bbcon 2020 Engage to Earn Contest.