The deadline to submit a proposal is now closed.
Benefits of being a bbcon 2021 Virtual speaker:
- Reach tens of thousands of participants by sharing your expertise with social good professionals across the world
- Engage in numerous opportunities to network and collaborate in a global, virtual setting
- Gain opportunities to enhance your professional development portfolio with a session survey, session ratings and attendee feedback
- Get access to valuable speaker exposure across bbcon marketing materials
Be sure to review the submission guidelines prior to submitting your proposal.
The deadline for submitting proposals closed on April 23, 2021.
- Arts and Cultural
- Faith Communities
- Financial Management
- Tech Innovation
- Fundraising and Marketing
- Higher Education
- K-12 Schools
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
- Leadership and Industry Trends
Session proposals will be reviewed and evaluated using the following criteria:
- Quality of content: Reduced session lengths and virtual attendee fatigue with concise and compelling sessions.
- Relevance to audience: Content should examine and explore the needs, challenges, and opportunities social good professionals face today and in the future.
- Approach: Session descriptions, target audience, level of expertise, and key learning takeaways are clearly articulated.
- Creativity and innovation: Engaging ways to interact with the audience and/or new perspectives on topics delivered.
- Impact: Session provides practical application and encourages attendees to take action.
Peer-to-Peer Conversations, Industry-Focused, Thought Leadership
Customers and Prospects
30 minutes or less
Problems and Solutions, Tips & Tricks, Case Studies
Target professionals already in the consideration phase of buying cycle
45 minutes or less
Solution-Focused, Industry-Analyst Led, Continued Education Credits
Customers and Prospects
60 minutes or less
Due to the significant number of submissions we receive each year, not every submission can be selected. Strong speaker submissions will include:
- Engaging, inspiring, and fun delivery
- Clear focus on attendees of a specific role
- Understanding of who would benefit the most from your presentation
- Clearly articulated proficiency level so attendees can easily digest your presentation
- Unique or non-obvious application of technology/solutions
- Actionable takeaways for attendees. What is the tangible impact of your talk on attendees and their teams?
Tips for Creating an Inspirational, Must-Have bbcon Session Proposal
Nikki Baldwin, a senior product marketing manager for Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT® and 5-time track leader for Financial Management, shares her tips and tricks on writing an eye-catching session proposal.
"Reviewing, selecting, and collaboratively refining bbcon sessions with excited and talented speakers from all over—including sector thought leaders, Blackbaud customers, partners, and more—is one of my favorite parts of my job! Every year, I’m blown away by the sheer number and diversity of submissions. Want your session to stand out? Here are some helpful tips!"
March 17–April 23, 2021
The submission period for speaker proposals will begin on March 17 and end on April 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
April 23–June 2021
The bbcon content committee reviews all bbcon breakout session proposals. everyone will be notified of their sessions status by summer of 2021. If you have questions about the status of your session, please email email@example.com.
If your breakout session proposal is accepted, make sure to get working on your presentation! bbcon PowerPoint presentations are due at the end of July and session pre-recordings will begin in August.
More information will be communicated to you via email, once you have been notified of your session's acceptance. All final session PowerPoint presentations are due by July 31, 2021.
bbcon Virtual is October 13–15. Keep checking bbconference.com for more updates.
SPEAKER TERMS & AGREEMENT
By submitting a proposal to speak at bbcon, you agree to the parameters of speaking at bbcon 2021 Virtual. Please view the full speaker terms and agreement below. Call for speakers ends April 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET.
Please note: All submissions are subject to edits or changes as deemed appropriate by conference organizers.
For questions about bbcon 2021 Virtual Call for Speakers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.