No matter its size or focus, the reality is your foundation cannot achieve its philanthropic objectives by going it alone. Philanthropy is a team sport—but do you know who else is on your team and which players may make sense to tap to learn from, collaborate with, or have legacies to build on? You don’t need to work in the dark. Learn to leverage sector knowledge to create more informed, efficient, and equitable grantmaking. Take this self-paced course to learn to use Candid’s mapping, data, and knowledge tools to better identify funding peers, potential grantee partners, identify funding connections and gaps, and learn from knowledge other funders have already shared.
And can your funding peers and potential grantee partners easily find you to learn from your knowledge? Millions of searches are conducted each year on Candid’s tools to find funding partners and peers. What do these queries reveal about your foundation? Is the data we are sharing up to date or only telling part of the story? This program will also walk you through the process of leveraging Candid’s platforms to tell the story of your foundation’s work.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Find aggregate and trend funding data about the fields in which you work,
- Identify funding connections and gaps,
- Use Candid tools to identify potential peers and partners,
- Discover and learn from what your funding peers are doing,
- Use Candid’s tools to improve what is known about your foundation’s work, and
- Streamline your due diligence practices with GuideStar tools